The release introduces some major new features, such as dungeons, and fixes several bugs and gameplay issues present in 0.7.0. Although not quite there yet, the game is rapidly becoming more and more playable.
Here's a more detailed list of the changes:
- New player model and animations contributed by gruntunbur.
- Lots of sound effects contributed by qubodup.
- Originals of data files are now included to the package.
- More powerful animation blending.
- Randomly spawned crafting devices and obelisks are now accessible in-game.
- Performance improvements.
- Better eye, face and hair color customization.
- Improvements to camera behavior.
- Fixed the AI not being able to use many kind of weapons correctly.
- Added a basic death camera.
- Balancing of falling damage.
- Improved some particle effects.
- Fixed seams between terrain chunks sometimes not being render correctly.
- Made black haze more disease-like.
- Procedural map area placement and planning system.
- Better terrain surface shapes with the Diamond-square algorithm.
- Better grass density calculation for mountains.
- Random castle wall generation.
- Procedural dungeon generation with corridors, rooms, treasures and monsters.
- Fixed the game not compiling against Bullet 2.82.
- Fixed actors sometimes taking damage when spawning.
- Separately customizable eyebrows, mouth and base face texture.
- Integrated Julius' face textures from OpenGameArt.
- Fixed the AI ignoring the cooldown time of some attacks.
- Fixed NPCs sometimes failing to render.
- Balanced the movement speed and physics behavior of player characters.
- Fixed inaccurate aiming in displaced camera mode.
- Terrain chunks close to the player character load much faster.
- Several minor bugfixes and improvements.
There's no Windows binary since we are still looking for a Windows developer who could package the game for the platform. If you're interested in helping us with packaging or just development in general, contact us in the forums.
EDIT: A Windows binary has been added! Thanks belong to dimproject for building the executable.